What an amazing year it has been for Darien...BUT it's not over yet! Here is a summary of some exciting things that have happened along the way thanks to his fans in 2010!…
Darien won the Soul Beach competition among submissions throughout the entire US. He opened up for Raheem DeVaughn and Mary J. Blige in Aruba on May 29th for Soul Beach 2010 to a crowd of approximately 5000 people.Video interview with Moshay LaRen including performance video from the show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ztinbMBHw
Darien returned from Aruba to perform "All in Me" with Angela Johnson at the Capital Jazz Festival in DC. They shared the stage with artists such as Patti Labelle, Mint Condition, and The Brand New Heavies to name a few.The single "All in Me" with Angela Johnson has climbed the charts in the DC market to number 4 among other artists such as Usher, Alicia Keys, Kem, Sade and more Featured on singersroom.comhttp://www.singersroom.com/music/Angela-Johnson/All-In-Me-Feat-Darien/2302
Success of the single "All in Me" led to a Japanese Tour with Angela Johnson to the Legendary Cotton Club in Tokyo, as well as other promotional opportunities for the Japanese version of Darien's full length album "If These Walls Could Talk."
On July 28th Darien won the Budweiser Battle for the Crown selected from all of New York's finalists. This win afforded him with the opportunity to open the Budweiser Superfest in NYC on August 7th at Jones Beach Theater. The Budweiser Superfest is one of the most celebrated Soul and R&B concert series of all-time and this year Darien will share the stage with artists such as Kem, Anthony Hamilton, Jaheem, Raheem Devaughn and Hal Linton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHMBEioJ4-k
Darien's performance in the Superfest is featured on Budweiser's site (www.battleforthecrown.com ) and entered into a Grand Prize competition that will take place from Septemeber 13th to September 30th for a cash prize of $25,000 that he would use to continue promoting "If These Walls Could Talk," as well as fund his next project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPymf5Xga0
Most independent artists are bringing us music that they have masterfully put together on a shoestring budget or from supplemental income i.e. a 9-5, so this is a huge opportunity. We have inside info that he is chomping at the bit to get back in the studio and record his next record and this would make that a much shorter road. So let's get behind one of our own and vote to make this a reality. Voting ends September 30th so there isn't much time left and you can/should vote every day from now until then.
1) Go to www.battleforthecrown.com
2) Enter your date of birth. You must be over 21 years old to access the website.
3) Before you can vote, you have to watch at least two videos from the 13 contenders. You can start and stop the videos at any time but you must open two.
4) Hover over Darien's photo to get the option to vote for him.
5) Click on the red check mark and a box will pop up for you to enter your email address and the CAPTCHA code before your vote can be recorded.
6) Enter your email address and the CAPTCHA code, click the button to vote and that's it.
7) Don't forget that you can vote for Darien once a day between now and September 30th.
8) Hit him at www.facebook.com/darienonline and let him know you voted
You can find out more about Darien on his blog at www.thisisdarien.com or read the review of his album here on Soultracks.com http://www.soultracks.com/darien-if-these-walls-could-talk-review